Access PIN means the 4-digit access pin printed on the Gift Card.
Card Number means the identification number that appears on the Gift Card.
Coles Group means Coles Group Limited ABN 11 004 089 936 of 800 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East, Victoria 3123, Australia.
eGift Cards means any electronic gift card issued by Coles Group that you have purchased or received through the Website for one or more of the Participating Retailers.
Expiry Date means the date specified on the Website for each Gift Card expiry which may vary for each Participating Retailer and each type of Gift Card after which the Remaining Card Value on any eGift Card will not be available for redemption.
Participating Retailers means the retailers specified on the Website at which each of the Gift Cards can be used to purchase goods or services.
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, your email address and payment details.
Website means www.giftcards.com.au or at such other address should the URL change.
A reference to we, us or our is a reference to Coles Group.
By using or attempting to use a Gift Card, or by making a transaction enquiry or exercising any right to redeem value loaded on a Gift Card, you:
4. Where and what for can Gift Cards be used
The Website sets out the up to date information for each Participating Retailer as to where each Gift Card can be used.
No Gift Card can be used for:
- purchases initiated by phone, email, post or fax;
- Service ATMs;
- bill payments, including credit card accounts and store accounts;
- purchases at hotels owned by Coles Group companies; and
- purchases of gift cards.
There may be a delay with the Gift Card activating in the system once loaded. During this delay, the Gift Card cannot be used for purchases or transaction enquiries.
6. Access PIN
You acknowledge that we may allow access to the services offered on the Website to anyone who enters a valid Card Number and Access PIN. Your Access PIN is simply our way of identifying you. It does not offer you any protection or security if your Gift Card is lost or stolen. Remember to treat your Gift Card like cash.
You are solely responsible for any loss caused by use of your Gift Card and Access PIN by you or any other person, including any use not approved or contemplated by you.
You must notify us immediately by calling our Customer Response Team on 1300 304 990 if you know or suspect any unauthorised use of your Gift Card.
7. Purchases with your Gift Card
Select goods or services in your Participating Retailer store or online site (where applicable) with a Gift Card and take them to the point of sale. The point of sale will instruct you to present your Gift Card, and then enter the Access PIN. The transaction will be completed when the balance has reduced on your Gift Card. No change will be given. Any Remaining Card Value can only be used in whole or part against future purchases.
You agree that we can reduce the Remaining Card Value by the value of all purchases of goods and services that are authorised by you.
Transactions are authorised by you by:
- presenting your Gift Card and entering your Access PIN, or allowing an operator or other person to do so, at an electronic point of sale terminal at a Participating Retailer; or
- giving a Participating Retailer details of the Gift Card and authorising the transaction in some other way approved by that Retailer. When you authorise a transaction:
- you are confirming that the transaction correctly represents the purchase price of the goods or services obtained; and
- you are agreeing to pay the amount of that transaction by the reduction of the Remaining Card Value.
8. Purchases exceeding the Gift Card value
Your Gift Card may only be used to make purchases up to the Remaining Card Value. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the Remaining Card Value, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
9. No cash advances
You cannot obtain any cash advance with your Gift Card or redeem your Gift Card for cash.
10. Validity and expiry of Gift Cards
Your Gift Card will be valid for use until the Expiry Date. Any Remaining Card Value that remains on a Gift Card after the Expiry Date will not be available for use. To check the Expiry Date of your Gift Card, visit Check Your Expiry Date, or call 1300 304 990 or visit in-store at the service desk.
11. Lost or stolen Gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash, lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded.
12. Faulty or damaged Gift Cards
A Gift Card will only be reissued if it is proven to be faulty or damaged as a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Coles Group, its agents or contractors or a Participating Retailer.
13. Destruction of Gift Card with no value
Once the Remaining Card Value is completely used, destroy the Gift Card by cutting it in half diagonally. Your Gift Card cannot be reloaded.
14. Can I exchange my Gift Card?
You cannot exchange your Gift Card for a different brand, denomination or type of Gift Card or for another tender, cash or discount.
15. Can I cancel my Gift Card?
No, you cannot cancel your Gift Card.
16. Checking your Gift Card balance and transaction history
You can check the Remaining Card Value, Expiry Date and transaction history at any time by visiting Check Your Balance, or by calling 1300 304 990 or visiting in-store at the service desk. For balance enquiries by phone or online, you will be required to enter both the Card Number and Access PIN prior to getting access to the card information.
17. Can I collect flybuys points when I purchase or use a Gift Card?
When you purchase a Gift Card, you will not collect flybuys points. However, flybuys points (and any applicable bonus points) can be collected on redemption of your Gift Card at applicable Participating Retailers.
18. Exchanging items purchased with a Gift Card
Goods that are purchased solely, or in part with a Gift Card may be exchanged or returned subject to the exchange and returns policy of each Participating Retailer.
Some Participating Retailers' exchange and returns policy may include the right to issue a returns card such as the Coles Returns Gift Card instead of other tender, cash, Gift Cards or discount.
19. Your Gift Card, your responsibility
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by us or by any of our employees.
- to add or remove Participating Retailers or where the Gift Card may be redeemed including but not limited to where a Participating Retailer ceases to carry on business (and for avoidance of doubt Coles Group will have no liability in relation to the Remaining Card Value on any Gift Cards for Participating Retailers that cease to carry on business that are not related bodies corporate of Coles Group);
- to add or remove goods or services which may be purchased with the Gift Card;
- for infrastructural, systems, administrative or operational reasons or to prevent the occurrence of fraud or other unlawful or unacceptable conduct;
- to comply with any contract, law, regulation or statute or order or judgment of any court, tribunal or other body having competent jurisdiction; or
- where we, acting reasonably, consider that it will not be to your detriment.
22. Errors and complaints
If you have reason to believe that an error has occurred in relation to your Gift Card, you should call 1300 304 990.
Any complaints about goods or services purchased with a Gift Card must be resolved directly with the relevant Participating Retailer.
23. Force majeure
24. Applicable law
25. Contact us
For all your Gift Card enquiries, contact -Telephone:
- Within Australia: 1300 304 990
- Available hours 7am – 11pm, 7 days a week.
- Please send written correspondence to:
- Coles Group Gift Cards
- GPO Box 5342
- Melbourne VIC 3001
For your security, please do not include on any email personal details about your Gift Card, including your Card Number or Access PIN.